This DC to DC power converter input end is a male 5.5m male connector . Its output end is a USB type C connector with USB 3.1 Power Delivery (PD) function support. It can output 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V and 20V.
With the USB-C and Power Delivery function, this charger can easily charge your new MacBook at full speed via USB-C to USB-C cable.
Unlike the Micro-USB plug you used on your last phone (a USB-B shape), you can stick in a USB-C cable any which way; either side is "up." No more fumbling around or swearing under your breath when you have trouble plugging in.
Smart & Fast Charging
Intelligently detects your device and delivers the optimal current to connected devices.
Meets new energy efficiency requirements of DOE Level VI - the highest energy efficiency rating.
USB-C Type-C Compatible models:
- Apple New Macbook computers ( Made in year 2016 or later) that accept USB Type C power
- Asus Q325 and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- Dell Latitude 11 5175, Latitude 11 5179, Latitude 12 7275, XPS 12 9250, Latitude 13 7370 and many other models that accept USB type C power
- Google Nexus 5X ,Nexus 6P ,Pixel C,ChromeBook Google Pixel
- HP Spectre, Spectre X360, Elitebook and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- Lenovo Yoga 720, 910 and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- Razer Blade Stealth and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- Thinkpad X1 tablet,LG Gram 15 and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- XiaoMi Air 12.5 inch 13.3 inch and other models that accept USB Type C Power
- Many more other USB-C devices that support Power Delivery function
What is USB Power Delivery?
USB Power Delivery is a single-wire protocol leveraging new USB-C standard & cable. PD (Power Delivery) negotiation allows devices to create a contract to deliver the optimum power level for each application under the current battery conditions. This protocol expands USB output to many different high output voltages, such as 9V, 12V, 15V or 20V ( 20V output voltage works for devices that require 19V to 21V DC power)
Advantages of USB Power Delivery:
- Flexible single wire protocol, enabling enhanced power, data and video
- Dynamic power negotiation: Allows for maximum battery life and performance
- Allows a single port to output different output voltages by negotiation between power source and powered device, such as 9V, or 12V, 15V or 20V.
- Efficient and fast charging over USB
Input : DC 9V- 32V
Output : USB Type C with Power Delivery, support 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V, 20V.
USB-C Maximum Output Current: 3A (Maximum 60W at 20V) *
Size: 90 x 50 x 22mm ( or 3.6" x 2" x 0.9")
Weight: 90 g ( or 3.2 oz)
*Special Note: This is just a DC power converter. It itself does not generate any power. To get 60W power output from this power converter, the input power source needs to be able to provide 65W or more power.
This power adapter's maximum output is 60W. It will work with Macbook computers (or other computers) that have 90W+ original power adapters. A computer with 90W power adapter normally only needs 10W to 40W power to run. The extra power is mainly for charging the internal battery. If your computer's original power adapter is 90W or bigger, this power converter may charge the internal battery slower than the original, but otherwise it will perform the same.
Input Connector Size
The input connector size is 5.5 x 2.1mm: outside diameter is 5.5mm, inside diameter is 2.1mm. It can be changed to 5.5 x 2.5mm connector by using BiXPower 5.5 x 2.5mm connector adapter dongle:
5.5 x 2.5mm adapter is optional, not comes with original power converter. It can plug over original 5.5 x 2.1mm input connector to form new size 5.5 x 2.5mm connector. If you plan to use this power converter with BiXPower batteries such as BiXPower BP90, BP100, BP160, AP170, BP220 batteries., you will need this 5.5 x 2.5mm adapter.
Battery not included
Battery Not Included
If you are not sure what size connector you need for your battery or other power source, you may order optional 8 connector tips:
Each tip can plug to the original 5.5 x 2.1mm connector to form a different size connector like this: